The Division of Permit & Licensing (DPAL) oversees the application and registration process for gaming and non-gaming employees and for non-gaming vendors.

DPAL issues and maintains all licenses and permits for the following:

• Casino Regular Employees (CE)
• Casino Key Employees (CKE)
• Non-Gaming Employees (NG)
• Non-Gaming Key Employees (NGK)
• Service Provider Representatives (SP Rep)
• Vendor Representatives (V Rep)
• Junket Operator and Promoter Representatives (JOP)

Each application is screened diligently to ensure compliance with the CCC Rules & Regulations as well as with applicable US federal and CNMI laws.

The application for a regular casino employee license or non-gaming registration requires each employee to submit a completed application or registration, a copy of a valid photo identification, police clearance, complete a pre-employment drug test, certificate of completion of the Title 31Bank Secrecy Act - Anti-Money Laundering training, and the following signed and notarized documents;

1. Child support statement as mandated by U.S. Federal Laws;
2. Release authorization and waiver of liability;
3. Statement of truth; and,
4. An affidavit and waiver of liability and consent to inspections, searches, and seizures.

This application goes through a vetting process and other background and due diligence check from the law enforcement agencies, the Office of the Attorney General, Superior Court and other related agencies. The results of this background check determines the applicant’s license qualification and/or disqualification. Another important aspect of the licensing process is the work status for non-US citizen workers to ensure compliance with US immigration laws.

DPAL requires all non-US citizen workers to provide documents to prove that they are authorized to work in the US. These documents include:

1. Work Visa;
2. Passport;
3. I-797 – this is the approval notice which indicates the work authorization for: type of work authorization, company, position/title, and length of work authorization; and
4. I-129 - this is the request form for a work authorization.
5. H2B -Temporary Worker VISA Program.

Other duties include license recommendations for investigation, revocation, and disqualification based on reports submitted by the Division of Enforcement and Investigations (DEI) and voluntary information from casino employees.

The following are some casino employee positions that are considered gaming and must be licensed to work on the casino floor as well as access the restricted area at the back-of-house. Some of these positions include:

• Cage & Count Personnel
• Electronic Gaming Personnel
• Information Technology Personnel
• Security Personnel
• Surveillance Personnel
• Table Games Personnel


Some non-gaming employees must also be licensed if their jobs require them to work on the casino floor or view gaming-related documents. Other non-gaming employees are required to be registered with the CCC within two (2) weeks of hiring date with the licensee. Some of these positions include:

• Food & Beverage Personnel
• Indoor & Outdoor Maintenance Service Personnel
• General & Administrative Personnel
• Purchasing Personnel
• Hotel Operations Personnel


The CCC conducts an annual Employee and Key Employee renewals and registrations. CCC issued license badges and permits are updated and renewed every fiscal year.

The annual renewal and registration for Casino Employees, Casino Key Employees, Non-Gaming Employees, Non-Gaming Key Employees, and Junket Operator & Promoters, occur every fiscal year beginning August 1st and ending in the first week of October. DPAL receives, reviews, and vets all domestic and foreign non-gaming vendors seeking to do business with the licensee. Any person or entity who transacts more than $250,000.00 per a calendar or fiscal year period with the licensee and its affiliated companies must obtain a vendor license from the CCC.

The vendor application comes in two parts: Provisional and Regular. These applications must submit valid photo identification, valid business license, partnership agreement/operating agreement, annual corporation report, financial statement information, application payments, receipts, and other related documents.